Today’s post is a recipe for Smoked Turkey Breast Salad that is easy to make and tastes absolutely fantastic.
Let’s not waste any time and jump right into how to use up your smoked turkey leftovers!
Prepare The Smoked Turkey Salad Ingredients
We started with:
- 3/4 lbs smoked turkey breast tenderloin
- 1/4 cup apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbls mayonnaise
- 1 tbls Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbls diced fresh parsley
If you want to change up the flavors then here are some ideas.
The lemon juice cuts through the fat in the mayonnaise and makes the salad taste cleaner and brighter. You will get a similar effect with a slightly different flavor profile if you use another acid like cider vinegar or red wine vinegar.
You could also add some sliced seedless grapes and a handful of walnuts if you wanted to pack even more flavor into the salad.
Prepare the Smoked Turkey Breast Salad
Give the smoked turkey breast a rough chop into bite sized pieces.
Chop the apple slices so that they are slightly smaller than the pieces of turkey.
Blend all of the ingredients and garnish with the minced parsley.
We did not add any extra salt or pepper because the smoked turkey breast was already heavily seasoned. Give the salad a taste and adjust with slat and pepper if desired.
Place the salad in the refrigerator and let chill for at least one hour.
Serve the Smoked Turkey Breast Salad
There are a ton of different ways of serving the salad.
You could serve this in a scooped out tomato or in a lettuce wrap. No one would judge you if you simply ate it out of the bowl by the spoonful.
Our absolute favorite way of enjoying this treat is serve it cold on top of a freshly toasted English muffin. The contrast between the warm, crunchy muffin and the cool, creamy turkey salad is an absolute delight.
The smokiness of the turkey is immediately followed by the sweetness of the apples and the 1-2 twang from the lemon juice and Dijon mustard. It is enough to make you swoon!
Smoked Turkey Breast Salad
- 3/4 pound Smoked Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup Apple Slices 1/4 cup apples1/4 cup dried cranberries3 tbls mayonnaise1 tbls Dijon mustard2 tsp fresh lemon juice1 tbls diced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Minced Parsley
- Give the smoked turkey breast and apple slices a rough chop until the pieces are bite sized.
- Blend all ingredients together and garnish with the minced parsley.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
- The salad is amazing served on toasted English muffins.